Finalists VIII Photographic Contest Educating the Eye
We’re happy to present the finalists of the VIII Edition.
Castell-Platja d’Aro, 05 de July 2021.
For yet another year, the international photographic project contest “Educating the Eye”, organized by the “Mercè Rodoreda” library in Castell-Platja d’Aro (Spain), has been well received by amateur and professional photographers from 37 countries.
The jury, made up of 3 people from different areas related to photography, has selected the 10 finalists among the 334 projects presented by 291 participants.
We present them to you the 10 finalist artists of this 8th edition:
- Ana Sanchez Viaje, “Untitled” (Cantabria)
- Antonio Gutierrez Pereira, “Self-portraits in quarantaine” (Vigo)
- Diego Pedra Benzal, “Degradation” (Cornella de Llobregat)
- Helena Aguilar Mayans, “Dreamers of decadence” (Olot)
- Istvan Kerekes, ”Shepherds from Transylvania” (Hungria)
- Joana Casas Poves, “Until confinement separates us” (Vic)
- Jorge Monaco, “Menonites” (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Katy Gomèz Lopez, “Transhumance, Going and coming between trails” (Jaen)
- Leyla Emektar, “White infinity” (Turquia)
- Pilar Merino, “Imbalance” (Madrid)
As every year, we have received a great variety of works, from photojournalistic works to artistic and author projects. Curiously, this year just over half of the authors have been from Spain.
We will personally contact the finalists to complete the details and other requirements. The 5 winners will be presented on July 20.