Finalists VII Contest Educating the Eye
THE CONTEST RECEIVED WORKS FROM 41 COUNTRIES.
Castell-Platja d’Aro, April 17, 2020. As part of the activities of Fotoplatjadaro and within the framework of the “Photographic Days of Castell-Platja d’Aro”, organized by the Photographic Association Educating the Eye, the Mercè Rodoreda Library has once again called this photo competition.
The contest aims to stimulate and reward financially photographic projects of authors who are able to surprise and move; of transferring a vision of one’s own or the surrounding world.
Despite the difficult times we are living in, this year’s edition has received 385 projects from 41 different countries, with styles, themes and techniques of great variety and quality. The jury, consisting of 3 specialists from the photographic world, has selected the following finalists (in alphabetical order):
- Alba Jovani (España) – Efímera
- Antonio Aragon Renuncio (España) – Childhood lost
- Carles Punyet Miró (España) – Distorciones
- Javier Arcenillas (España) – SevaN
- Javier Clemente Martinez (España) – Pastores
- Javier Pedro Fenandez Ferreras (España) – Territorio Mundari (?)
- Jui Ching Tai (Taiwan) – Bustling Beauty (?)
- Marc Pascual Dominguez (España) – Diabetes no fear
- Musa Talasí (Turkey) – Dust road
- Pranab Basak (Kolkata, India) – Looking for freedom
- Simon Moricz-Sabjan (Hungary) – Mud Country
- Tony Tirado (España) – Oxímoron
Although the competition usually assigns a total of 10 finalists, this time we have 12 finalists, by drawing a tie between 7 of them. We will contact each finalist shortly to request the files in high resolution as well as the verification (or, where appropriate, the completion) of the data provided.
Se darán a conocer a los ganadores The winners will be announced on May 8.
Thanks to everyone for taking part in another year and… Take care!